Tuesday, July 27, 2010

How did I get here?

I was looking back at what I had written at the first of the year and realized that I have been busier and busier, but I have not become more organized as I hoped to be. The kitchen is still torn up after the tomato canning events and the living/dining room is full of sewing/quilting/knitting and other clutter. I would post a picture, but then you would all know what a real mess I have become.
Instead, I have decided to take a room at a time and clean it up..... then post a picture. Maybe I can actually get the kitchen, living/dining room, sewing room (yikes!) and bedroom straight by the middle of August. Goal for this week is the kitchen.
Oh yeah, check out the logo for the Improv(e) your Butt Challenge. Details over at Tallgrass Prarie Studio. That is another area that needs improvement!

6 comments:

Sandee said...

I let things get out of hand once and I dedicated each month to a different room. I wrote the rooms on the calendar and each month I'd spend any spare time going through junk drawers, cupboards, boxes, etc. I had donations, keepers, toss and re-gifts after each room. I felt so free at the end of the year. Then it was easy to keep things in order. Of course, I still have major cleaning projects going on but it never got too crazy again. Good luck!

Malinda said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Sandee. I hope to get started tomorrow. I'm off to work now and my Sweetie's birthday is today, so we are going out to dinner.

Patty said...

Oh my, I can't even walk into my back room/wet studio! You've inspired me to take my new found
'energy' and make some floor happen in there! Will you post a new puppy
photo here soon?

Traci @ The Bakery said...

Woohoo! Post a picture and then add it to my linky thing on my blog....I am getting ready to do 15 more minutes....off I go!!

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

This is a hard time of the year. We want to enjoy summer, but there is so much to do, especially if you like to garden/can like it seems you do! Don't be so hard on yourself. There's gonna be plenty of time to clean and organize when it's freezing out! You can clean and enjoy a wonderful meal with the worlds most expensive tomato sauce. ha ha!

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

I so identify! I'd love to have an organized, uncluttered house. Ain't gonna happen! C